Saturday, February 20, 2010

Speechless

Credit: Copyright Viviane Dalles. Used without Permission

Go here and watch the 'Growing Debt' slideshow (I mean, watch all of them, but particularly that one).

Now go here and look at this photo shoot of a one-year-old's birthday party. I saw this the other day and it has been on my mind ever since. I don't want to be mean to one family or anything but I'm scared this is not considered completely unnecessarily outlandish, over-the-top and decadent (in the bad sense of the word) due to all the fawning that has happened here over the 'cute!'. I just think that sometimes I have to stand up and say, 'no, actually, that is a hideous waste of resources and money'. I decided that my own blog was probably the best place to do that!

And here I am, somewhere in the middle, trying to be moral and good, growing some of my own food, not using plastic, trying not to drive the car too much and existing on the smallest amount of money I've ever had but still participating in ways that I don't think I should and that I could do better.

Sometimes the world just doesn't make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails