Friday, February 19, 2010

Veges

Although it is almost the end of February (eep!), my summer vegetables are still going strong. Gotta love the Mediterranean climate here in Perth! The first two tomato plants I had have well and truly finished now and really need to be pulled out, but I have another that has just started to produce lovely ripe red fruit.


The capsicum (pepper) plants are still producing fruit and should for a while yet. You can see a tiny one up the back of the basket in the shot above.

I was a bit afraid that I'd planted the zucchini (courgette) a little late but the plants have burst into flower, grown so quickly and produced the first fruit ready for picking within about 5 weeks! There are plenty more zucchini to come too, which is great because I LOVE zucchini.


But autumn is coming and it is the best time for gardening. Although I'm loving the summer (as always) I am looking forward to digging around in the garden in the cooler weather, planting beetroots and cabbages and beans ready for the winter months. And, really, that is the best thing about gardening, there is the pleasure of now and the excitement of what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails