Thursday, November 26, 2009

Seven-seven-four

I used to listen to 774AM in Sydney - the local ABC radio station, but in this case 774 is the number of folds I just finished to make the individual layers of brooches as you can see in the photos below.

The above ones are made of Liberty fabric - scraps from my lovely applique quilt block that nursed me through the worst of this year. The ones below are from pre-cut squares from Materialise my most favourite fabric shop.

None of the brooches are finished yet. I need some plain fabric to put between the printed then sew the pieces together, put a button on the top and a clasp on the bottom. Still a lot of work. To get this far took me about five hours. Four last night watching telly and another hour this morning to finish off. That was after a solid day's sewing bags too. Phew! I'm loving it though, because it is always exciting when a piece is finished, when a brooch is done and can be pinned on or when I turn a bag out the right way or hold it up finished. I find it very satisfying and when each is done I look forward to meeting the person who will take it away and use it.

I've been wanting to include some of the lovely things I see on the net in this blog, but I haven't really had time. On Monday I'll have more market announcements to make, but suffice to say that I barely have time to blog at all. This post has been a quick stolen moment and now I need to get back to it. Perhaps with another cup of tea...

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be there to make you cups of tea!!! Maybe I should head via Liberty when I pop over to see James for lunch ... ALSO, I have a bunch of Liberty squares that are in some of the Arno Cat bags, please feel free to use them to make pretty things too, as I obv haven't got around to using them. I will be wearing my red brooch today to spread EightCrows across London. Missing Rupert loads xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails